The Reconstruction & Resettlement Council would like to announce the Place Branding Seminar: Place Branding for Nicosia to be held the 1st-2nd November in Nicosia, Cyprus.
In this seminar we will explore the possibilities and requirements for place branding in Nicosia, Cyprus. The main objective of this seminar is to provide a multi-disciplinary framework for understanding the emerging topic and practice of integrated place branding, how it relates to place identity, and to provide the tools that local Cypriot stakeholders need in order to understand, enhance, and promote place identity within their strategy.
Place branding is the strategic plan to enhance a place’s image, both internally and externally. The aim is to both increase residents’ identification with a place and to position that place on the global stage. The way in which the local and international community perceives a place has profound economic, political, and social consequences. For example it has been shown that both investors’ and tourists’ decisions can be strongly influenced by a place’s reputation. Architecture, urban design, economic and cultural planning as well as contemporary marketing techniques all contribute to the perception of place and thus need to be considered together.
- Date: Tuesday and Wednesday, 1st and 2nd November 2011
- Venue: Pallouriotissa Old Market | (7 Agiou Andreou Street, Pallouriotissa Nicosia, Cyprus)
- Day 1: November 1st 5:00pm – 8:00pm
- Day 2: November 2nd 9:30am – 6:00pm
Cathy Parker (Institute of Place Management/Manchester Metropolitan University, UK)
Ares Kalandides (INPOLIS/ International Association for Place Branding & Public Diplomacy)
Johannes Novy (Center for Metropolitan Studies, Technical University, Berlin)
Athena Aristotelous-Cleridou (Head of Special Planning, Projects and Conservation Department of Town Planning and Housing Ministry of Interior Nicosia)
Further speakers to be announced
- Council for Reconstruction & Resettlement – Nicosia, Cyprus
- in:polis|urbanism – Berlin, Germany
- Association for Place Branding and Public Diplomacy
- Institute of Place Management
- in:projectis|project management – Verena Röber
For further organisational information, please contact email@example.com.
- Visit the conference website: